- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic and ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 125ml Tomato purée
- 500ml Base curry sauce (large batch), heated
- 3 breasts of chicken
- 1 tablespoon smooth mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat until hot.
- Stir in the chopped onion and fry until translucent and soft
- Add the garlic and ginger paste and let it sizzle for about a minute.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the mixture to release moisture, cook for about another minute
- Add chicken (if not precooked)
- Add the mixed powder, chilli powder and sugar. Stir briskly.
- Stir in the tomato purée and 250ml of the base curry sauce.
- Let this come to a rolling simmer add the rest of the base sauce and the stock
- Let it reduce down to appropriate consistency
- Add the mango chutney
- Add tamarind
- Add dried fenugreek leaves
- Add lemon juice to taste
Garnish with the chopped coriander.