Goan Prawn Curry with Cumin rice
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 large potato , diced
- 400ml can half-fat coconut milk
- 8 cherry tomatoes , halved
- handful baby spinach
- 200g pack raw peeled prawn
For the cumin rice
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 175g basmati rice
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli for 5 mins until starting to soften.
- Add the spices, curry leaves and potato and cook for another minute
- Add coconut milk and tomatoes
- Cover and leave to simmer for 10 mins or until the potato is tender.
- Add the spinach and prawns.
- Cook for another minute or until spinach wilts and prawns turn pink.
- Put cumin in a pan and toast over a dry heat for 30 secs
- Add the rice and water