- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 375g (12oz) unsmoked rindless bacon, cut into strips
- 2 x 250g (80z) packs fresh egg tagliatelle
- 142ml (5fl oz) carton double cream
- 25g (loz) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 jar green pesto
- salt and freshly ground black pepper>
- fresh basil and pitted black olives to garnish
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and bacon and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile, cook and drain the pasta
- Add the pasta to the bacon mixture, and stir in the cream, pesto, cheese and seasoning to taste.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
- Garnish with the basil and olives and serve immediately.