Pad Thai – Stir fried meat with Noodles
- Enough meat for 2 people (2 chicken breasts or 8 ozs beef/pork)
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 to 3 Shallots (not traditional)
- 9 oz./250 g. pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 x egg
- Peanut oil
- Shrimp (handful)
- Lobo Pad Thai sauce
(contains the sauce and the crushed peanuts that you will need) (To make the sauce go here)
- Half supermarket packet of bean sprouts
- 2 x Spring onions or chives
- Various veg (although this is not particularly traditional)
- Chilli pepper flakes (amount based on your “spice sensitivity)
- 1 Chilli
- Coriander (1/2 cup)
- Soak noodles in hot water – time is based on what type of noodles you have
- Heat peanut oil in large frying pan or wok
- Add garlic, chicken, shrimp and red pepper flakes.
- Stir until shrimp turns pink.
- Add the red or green chili, sliced
- Add 1 beaten egg
- Add PAD THAI SAUCE from packet
- Add drained rice noodles and toss until coated.
- Flay the spring onions
- Stir in bean sprouts, and 1/4 cup coriander
- Stir and toss for a minutes or so, until heated.
- Fish sauce to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and remaining coriander
- Overlay flayed spring onions to look good
- Top with slices or wedges of lime use to squeeze over noodles