Nasi Goreng is a very traditional Indonesian Fried rice usually served with a fried egg and a side of fresh vegetables.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp Shrimp paste
- 2 small chicken breasts
- Cooked COLD RICE
- Sweet soy (1bsp for chicken marinade and 2 for sauce
- 2 x Chillies
- Fried egg per person
- green onion, sliced
- Tomatos and cucumbers,sliced
- Lime wedges
- If you do not have dry cold rice THEN – Cook the rice and spread out on a tray and FREEZE for a couple of hours or refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat.
- Add chilli and garlic, stir briefly.
- Add onion, cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, cook until nearly done
- Add 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce cook for a further 1 minute or until chicken is mostly cooked through and a bit caramelised.
- Add rice, 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce and shrimp paste, if using. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until sauce reduces down and rice grains start to caramelise
- Serve, garnished with of choice (green onions, red chilli, fried shallots).