Khua Kling – Thai Dry Meat Curry
- 500 g. minced pork or beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. southern Thai curry paste (either make your own OR use Jaromes)
- 2 teaspoons of minced lemongrass
- 1 red chili thinly sliced for garnish (Decoration)
- 5 green kaffir lime leaves – chiffonade (more if you feel strongly)
- 1 green kaffir lime leaves – chiffonade for garnish
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Thai bird chilies for garnish (prik kee noo)
- Dry fry the paste briefly with the garlic
- Add the pork until it is cooked, perhaps add a TINY bit of water in the early stages until the pork releases its own fat and juices.
- Add finely sliced kafir lime leaves which add a delicate yet distinctive taste.
- Taste test as you may need to add fish sauce
- Garnish with red chilli and the last kafir lime leaf