Thai Fried Rice Recipe (4 pax)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, quartered
- 350g pre-cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, copped
- 4 tablespoons coriander, chopped salt, white pepper
- Combine the egg and one-half of the soy sauce into a bowl and mix it to a uniform consistency.
- Place the oil into a very hot wok. Add the egg mixture and stir until it is cooked. Now move it to the side of the wok.
- Next, add more oil to the wok. Add the onion, mix everything together well and then add the garlic, the chilli and stir again. Add a touch more oil and add in the rice.
- We now add the tomato, the soy sauce, and the fish sauce to the wok. Stir it all together well.
- Just before serving, stir in the chopped coriander making sure it is distributed evenly throughout the rice.
- Spoon your Thai fried rice into a serving bowl. Next, garnish it with slices of cucumber and a piece of lime. The lime can be squeezed over top of the rice to give it an added tangy flavour.
- You can easily add shrimp, chicken, pork or beef to this dish.